Thursday, 23 May 2013

Positivity

Hi everybody,
So I know the title of this post may seem a little weird, but I thought my thoughts on positivity have to be addressed. In my school year (year 10) positivity seems to be on the go slow and everybody seems so negative about themselves. I understand that life can be stressful and full of worries, but we need to stop putting so much pressure on ourselves.
I suppose the real reason for me doing something serious like this on my blog is because I am a pretty negative person myself, but lately I've been trying new things and ways to make me feel happier about things. I have recently realised the my real stresses were because of exams, controlled assessments and generally just everything happening all at once. I think looking at quotes seemed to have helped me out a lot, and they make me realise that these exams won't last for ever, but the results I get from them will, so the feeling of nerves need to be pushed aside.
My biggest fall down is believing in myself, but everyone struggles in this area; some of you may remember me saying I had a practical catering exam last week, and I definiately thought it was going to go shockingly, I kept imagining dropping all of my scones, burning my cupcakes, messing up my pastry, making my biscuit mixture go sloppy and smashing my brand new sixteen piece tea set, but I'm actually pleased to say that none of that happened, and I ended up getting a fantastic grade.
This is the quote the saw me through it all...

This is such a inspirational quote, and I've been living by it for months now, all it is saying is that if you dream of being a sports star, you can be a sports star, if you dream of being the next Lord Sugar, you can be the next Lord Sugar and if you can dream of being a international rapper, you can be an international rapper, all you have to do is try your best. You just need to get yourself known, be yourself and don't sit around like a couch potato waiting for you dreams to come true (it will happen someday, if you try).
Positivity is all about self belief, it's just not worth sitting there not doing anything because you don't think you can do something, all you can do is try your best. If you are finding something hard, then talk to somebody, because of course they will try to help you.
And if it's somethings like exams making you feel gloomy, then just remember:
  • Breathe
  • Relax
  • Do your best
  • Believe in yourself
  • And don't compare yourself to others, everybodies grades are going to be different because we are all different. You can't be perfect at everything, and those imperfections are what make you, you. Focus on what you are good at, and try your best on everything else. Don't worry about what everyone else got for that silly little Shakespeare Engish assessment, because they are not you, and what you got is none of their business, because you probably want something completely different from life then they do.
I hope this post helps you even just a tiny bit, and remember we are all amazing, and can shine in what ever we dream of.
EmilyBelleBlogs x
PS: I've been wondering all week, if you were to draw a sun would you colour it in yellow or orange? I was  only wondering this because my twin brother and I seem to be the only ones that would colour it in orange out of all of my friends and family.
Anyway, au revoir!