Saturday, 22 June 2013

EmBakes- Chocolate Brownies!!!

Hello Everybody,
As promised I have started my EmBakes series. This series probably will last throughout my blogging life, because I love baking and it takes me to my happy place. Also, something I thought I'd tell you about me, is that I do want to have a baking business when I am older (part of my business plan has been written but was burnt in a school fire -more on that another time).
I thought I'd keep my first bake nice and easy, and hopefully this recipe also includes ingredients you already in you cupboards.

Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients

275g (10oz) softened butter
375g (13oz) caster sugar
4 large eggs
100g (4oz) self-raising flour
100g (4oz) plain chocolate chips- these are optional, I didn't use them as I didn't have any in my cupboard.

Method

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180'c/Fan 160'c/Gas 4. Grease a 30x23cm (12x9in) traybake or roasting tin -but I used two smaller silicone traybakes so I didn't need to grease- the line the base and sides with a baking parchment.
  2. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat until evenly blended. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the bowl with a plastic (or silicone) spatula to remove all of it. Spread the mixture gently to the corners of the tin and level the top with the back of the spatula.
  3. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the brownies have a crusty top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last ten minutes if the mixture is browning too much. Leave the brownies to cool in the tin and then cut them into to 24 square (I did 16 rectangles for bigger, cheekier portions). Store in an airtight container.
  4. And Voila!
I thought I should mention, that this is not my own recipe, as much as I'd love to claim this amazing recipe as my own, it is the ever so talented baking Queen, Mary Berry's recipe. I found it in her book called Mary Berry's Baking Bible (which if you enjoyed this recipe you should try out).
Hope you enjoy a little bit of baking fun, and Bon appetite x
EmilyBelleBlogs x