Thursday, 20 June 2013

Rimmel London's Match Perfection Foundation and Concealer/Highlighter

Hello everybody,
As I mentioned in my Summertime Haul a few weeks ago, I would do a review on my favourite and most beloved foundation, and whilst reviewing that I thought why not do it's little sister (concealer).
The foundation and concealer
These are both pretty decent priced drugstore products, and if I could I would try other brands too, but I have very pale skin, so finding a drugstore foundation and concealer is a bit of a mission for me, but I love these so much. I loved the foundation so much that it is my first ever re-purchased foundation.
Match Perfection-SPF18-Light perfecting radiance foundation-Light porcelain 010
Okay, so the first thing that caught my eye when I saw it on the shelf was the colour. The colour was super duper pale which excited me so much because I am pale, but I'm the sort of person who is confident with they're skin colour, and isn't bothered by fake tan because I like to know what my real skin is like. I also do not enjoy sunbathing, 1. because I'm a fidget 2.because laying in intense heat is not very fun 3. I want to look after my natural skin, because sun damaged skin-even tanned skin= early age wrinkles. As much as a little bit of colour looks lovely, it just isn't for me, and I learnt to except that as I grew up.
The foundation has an even coverage and works lovely to hind blemishes, dark circles and redness with the concealer underneath. I have combination skin and it make my skin look clear, and gives it an illuminating glow. Also, this foundation contains SPF18, which may not be enough in the midday sun, but it is okay for a cooler, spring day.
Finally, my Match perfection skin tone adapting concealer. What really stood out for my in that it says 2-in-1 concealer & highlighter, which to me seemed like a dream come true, because my glasses give me darkish circle under my eyes, but not only does it hide that, but it also highlights the top of my cheek bone and give it a lovely natural glow. I bought mine in the lightest shade, Ivory 010, which suits my skin tone perfectly.
My foundation costs £6.99 from Boots or Superdrug and the concealer costs £5.99 from Superdrug.
I hope you enjoyed my drugstore makeup review.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x