Tuesday, 23 July 2013

How to cope with heart break...

Hello Everybody,
I kmow that the title of this post may be a little glum, but just the other day I had my little heart crushed. I won't go into details about what happened because I was never exactly in a relationship, but nevertheless I was still hurt.
Firstly, I want to say, it isn't the end of the world. As much as you might first be like "I just want to shut myself away and cry!", it is absolutely pointless. You just need to move on and think "There is bound to be somebody better than this idiot".
Also, if you have been told by the one that you have a crush on that they don't feel the same way back, give up. Although most people will say to always follow your dreams and never give up on things that make you smile, the likelihood is that you will just get hurt even more. Not only that, but even if it does work out after years of waiting, it is almost certain that this person doesn't love you, they have just taken pity and feel sorry for you.
Next, you should get far away for him (or her) as possible, even if it is just for a weekend. Go somewhere with your friends, it helps you think of other things. You shouldn't think that you have to cope with the heartbreak alone, all of your friends will understand. Just tell them that you don't want to talk about what happened, and you want to move on and think about other things.
I always find listening to music that has lyrics resembling the situation I am in helps me cope. Even if it does occasionally (HOLY BANANAS, THE ROYAL BABY HAS BEEN BORN!!) make you become angry, take that anger out on some crazy dancing, it always helps.
Other than that, don't be afraid to have a little cry. Nobody said that you are not allowed and besides you've had your heart broken. All of your friends would understand if you had a little tearful moment, so don't feel alone.
 
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x
PS: I hope you find somebody you truly deserve, whether it is now or later.
PPS: I was writing this when the announcement of the royal baby was born, that was why I had a sudden outburst mid sentence.
Congratulations Prince William and Kate (Duchess of Cambridge).