Saturday, 27 July 2013

Reading...

Hello everybody,
Reading, it's not really something I have the motivation to do very often. I suppose I'm a bit like my Dad, I can enjoy a book when I get into it, but read slowly and never get the time to do it. My slow reading has nothing to do with my English skills, its purely down to the fact that my brain just doesn't  want to process the information quickly, so if I read to fast I forget what just happened.
When I was younger I used to be an absolute bookworm. I could read anywhere and not get bored, unless I was travelling because that makes me sick. Anyway, when I was in lower school, I used to read traditional books, such as A Christmas Carol, and newer ones by Jacqueline Wilson, but now I just can't get into them.
I am currently reading Miranda Hart's autobiography called 'Is it just me?'. Which don't get me wrong is absolutely hilarious, and whenever I read it, it puts me into fits of giggles. But, I do have to hold my hands up and admit that I have been reading this book since February. It's not that bad is it? Personally, I am ashamed of how long it is taking me to read this thing. I don't think I've even picked it up in about two months. Honestly, I wish I had the motivation to read and to not switch on my telly every single night, just to watch Big Brother, which is a pile of nonesense anyway.
So, I have decided to set myself the challenge of finishing this book off, and then reading a whole new one whilst I'm on holiday this summer. I suppose to some of you book worms out there this absolutely appauling still, but for me it is an objective that is doable, but not neccassarily easy.
I hope that because I have six weeks away from school I can manage to fit in a little bit of reading a day, even if it does only consist of ten minutes, because I do love reading. Also, now that I have so much time to spare it actually seems like a possible target.
Hopefully, my next post will be something beauty related, because I know I have only really done lifestyle posts lately. But, I'm lazy, and rambling about my thoughts on life and nothing, seems so much easier right now then looking through my drawers and finding something to do a review on.
Speak to you on Tuesday,
Toodles,
EmilyBelleblogs x