Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Well I'm shattered!

Hello Everybody,
Many of you may not know that I am an Explorer scout and that every year there is a camp held for all of the Explorers in the country. The camp is called Gilwell 24 which is funnily enough held at Gilwell Park on the outskirts of London. The whole consept of this is to be able to do activities for 24 hours without any sleep.
At 9 o'clock on the 13th July we started. I went Quad biking, mountain boarding and played archery; I also did some other smaller activities. I then filled my tummy up with pot noodles and doritos and carried on with more activities.
During the night not many activites were going on. Apart from the "rave" which isn't my scene and the fair ground rides where the lines were super duper long. We did go down a giant slide a few times though, and also had a game of lazer quaser (I was really bad). We then watched the sun rise, which somehow we missed because we were looking in the wrong direction. A few times during the night a few of my mates and I had a few deep conversations of The Quick (a hill) which killed a lot of time.
We finally took all of our tents down and played frisbee for the final hour of the challenge. Some people didn't survive the 24 hours though, because a few of our unit member were asleep in the grass or in their deck chairs.
I must admit, I felt so giddy and weird after staying up for so long, and considering we finished at 9 in the morning of the Sunday, we couldn't sleep during the day because that would mess with our body clocks.
Doing hair, whilst roughing it on camp.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x