Strawberry pavlova is definitely one of my most popular desserts that I make when people come round our house for dinner. I also find my strawberry pavlova one of the most enjoyable things to make. Not only that, but I think it's a can't go wrong recipe, because *touchwood* I am not yet to burn it.
Another reason why I think many people love this pudding is because it is really light and is totally sweet.
Strawberry Pavlova recipe
For the meringue
3 egg whites
175g caster sugar
1tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp cornflour
for the filling
A large carton of whipping cream
2 punnets of strawberrys sliced
- Preheat the oven to 130'c. Using a dessert plate as a guide, draw a 20cm circle on a sheet of baking parchment. Turn over the paper and use it to line the baking tray.
- Seperate the eggs very carefully, putting the whites into an absolutely clean, dry, large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add half the sugar and whisk until the meringue is stiff and glossy.
- Gradully whisk in the remaining sugar, then the vinegar and cornflour.
- Use a metal spoon to spread the meringue within the marked circle and make a slight hollow in the centre to hold the filling later. Bake for hour or until crisp outside and soft inside. Allow to cool on a baking tray.
- Use a metal spatula or fish slice to ease the pavlova off the paper and onto its serving plate before starting to fill and decorate it.
- For the filling, whisk the cream until it is stiff and pile it into the hollow of the meringue case.
- Finally, scatter the strawberrys onto the whipped cream.
Bon appetit, et toodles,