Thursday, 15 August 2013

My Trip to Scotland!

Hello Everybody,
At 5:45am last week my Dad took my Nana and I to the airport ready to catch a flight to Edinburgh. I was very excited, but also a little bit sceptical because I knew that it was going to be an old peoples trip. Also, it was a highland railway trip, so I was a bit worried that I might find it boring. But I was wrong, and there some wonderful sights.
On the Thursday, once we got to Edinburgh, we got onto the coach, where we met our tour guide called Matt. He had an awesome Scottish accent, and wore a kilt all weekend. We drove to our hotel in Carrbridge, but stopped in Pitlochly (I think that's how you spelt it) which is such a cute little town. There was a lovely café called Hettie's there which I would reccommend, but it is a tad pricey, and the waitresses are slightly clumsy. Finally we arrived in Carrbridge, and once we got into our room, my Nana and I went for a little walk and found some Highland cows. Later, we had tea, which was the equivalent of a three coursed school dinner, which we had every night, but it was okay. Also, the lemonade was tiny.
The bridge in Carrbridge
 
The next day, we went across to Kyle of Lochlash from Inverness, which was a bit wet, and there wasn't there, but the train journey was very picturesque, and Inverness was nice to wonder around. Also, we went past Loch Ness, but didn't see the monster (you can decide whether it's real or not).
On Saturday we went on a steam train (with a fat controller) and then to  Cairngorm mountian, and up the funicular, which was fun and had beautiful views, but was a little bit squishy on the way up. But, on the way down, the views were spectacular, and when we got to the bottom we saw a reindeer calf, and got within touching distance of it, it was amazing!
 
 
Finally, on the Sunday, the day before we flew home, we went to Malliag on a train. The train journey was okay, but not really interesting. But we did see Ben Nevis, or at least the bottom because it was very cloudy. We also saw the real Hogwart's express which was so exciting that I slipped over.


Muddy shoes from slipping!


The next day, after a quick stop in Edinburgh, for a cheeky MacDonalds, we went home and I saw my family again. Overall, it was a really good trip, and nice to have a short break for a little while. Talk to you on Saturday.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x