Saturday, 28 September 2013

EmBakes- Raspberry Mousse

Hello Everybody,
First things first, I'm wondering whether I should really be calling this EmBakes, because I suppose technically making a mousse isn't baking, is it? But oh well, I sort of like the name,so I'll stick with it for now.
Anyway, I actually came up with this recipe, and completely winged it whilst making it in a catering lesson, but it turned out really well and tasted really good *not to be modest at all*. I am definitely going to be making this again because it is so easy and quick to make. What's more is that it is a no cook recipe, so that speeds up the process even more.

Raspberry Mousse

Ingredients

60g sugar
A medium carton of double cream
A punnet of raspberries
2 egg whites

Method

  1. Put the cream, raspberries and sugar in a bowl and whisk to form soft peaks. The raspberries will liquidise during this process, so you add them whole.
  2. Whisk the two egg whites together in a completely clean and dry bowl until they form stiff peaks, or until you can turn the bowl upside down and it doesn't come out.
  3. Carefully fold in the egg whites into the cream mixture, do this very gentally so you do not beat out the air bubbles made, during the areation.
  4. Serve into your serving glasses, and put in the fridge to set for a short while.
  5. You can decorate with a piece of raspberry if you want *I put mine on sideways because that way they look like love hearts*.
I hope you enjoyed this little recipe.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x