First things first, I'm wondering whether I should really be calling this EmBakes, because I suppose technically making a mousse isn't baking, is it? But oh well, I sort of like the name,so I'll stick with it for now.
Anyway, I actually came up with this recipe, and completely winged it whilst making it in a catering lesson, but it turned out really well and tasted really good *not to be modest at all*. I am definitely going to be making this again because it is so easy and quick to make. What's more is that it is a no cook recipe, so that speeds up the process even more.
A medium carton of double cream
A punnet of raspberries
2 egg whites
- Put the cream, raspberries and sugar in a bowl and whisk to form soft peaks. The raspberries will liquidise during this process, so you add them whole.
- Whisk the two egg whites together in a completely clean and dry bowl until they form stiff peaks, or until you can turn the bowl upside down and it doesn't come out.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites into the cream mixture, do this very gentally so you do not beat out the air bubbles made, during the areation.
- Serve into your serving glasses, and put in the fridge to set for a short while.
- You can decorate with a piece of raspberry if you want *I put mine on sideways because that way they look like love hearts*.
I hope you enjoyed this little recipe.