Saturday, 26 October 2013

Are they Leopard print boots?

Hello Everybody,
It has been a while since since I have done a little fashion post. Today, as I was standing on the sideline of a very cold and windy hockey pitch watching my brother play, someone said to me, "Woh, look at your boots." At first I thought that was a bit of a weird reaction to get for just a pair of boots, especially when I've already seen them so therefore do not need to look at them. Then I thought to myself, I suppose my boots aren't the sort of boots you'd see on any ordinary teenage girl.
Last year I found an interest in the ever so popular, and continuing trend of Doc Marten's, and so for my birthday and Christmas present (my birthday is on the eighth of December and is why I like to have joint presents with Christmas) I thought I'd ask for a pair. I didn't want the same boring pair that everyone else had, I mean yes the black Doc Marten's are beautiful, but I didn't want to have the same shoes as half of the girls I know, I wanted to be different.
At first I quite liked the look of the floral DMs as they seemed quite girly, which sort of matches my personality. When I got the shop they had no floral DMs left but I noticed in the corner of the display a lovely looking pair of leopard print Doc Marten's with a beautiful black ribbon used as the laces. What struck me about these boots, was that they made leopard print look nice and fashionable, and not cheap and old fashioned.
I'd never seen anybody with leopard print boots before, in fact I still haven't but I love them. They stand out, but in a way that makes my outfit look more sophisticated, yet unique and quirky. The colours in the print are more on the neutral side, which is great because it means that they can be paired with pretty much any colour. Obviously, I don't wear anything too patterned with my DMs because I always think that one pattern is enough in an outfit. Yes, I have made the fashion faux pas of wearing a floral Ra-Ra skirt with a lacy floral tank top, and regret every moment of it. Why would I in the right mind think that looks good?
Anyway, I mostly like to wear my DM's with some skinny jeans, coloured or plain denim tucked into a pair of rolled down plain knee high socks, which are normally grey or cream. Not only do the socks poking out of the top of the boots look cute, it also makes the boots a lot more comfortable, and stops them from rubbing the tops of my ankles.
I hope you like my Leopard print boots, and have now been inspired to try something new, quirky and perhaps a bit different.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x