Thursday, 31 October 2013

Halloween essentials!

Hello Everyone,
Happy Halloween, I hope you all have a good day. I'm going for a spot of shopping with a few of my closest friends today, which is super exciting. Tonight I have got one of my friends 'crashing in my crib' (quote from herself) which is also very exciting, because nothing beats a bit of a spooky sleepover on Halloween.
Trick'or'Treat!!
Today to stick with the theme of Halloween I thought I would do a little Halloween essentials post, because although my family don't really celebrate it like we used to any more, I still celebrate and
enjoy it. Most of my essentials are of course sweets, because Halloween is not Halloween without some yummy sweeties and chocolate, but I have thrown in a couple of beauty essentials too.
My Halloween Essentials

Sweets (candy)

Now I don't know about you but I love sweets, but I also like to look after my teeth, so I only really indulge in lots of sugary treats during Halloween and Christmas time. Probably one of the most popular sweet bumper collections people buy for Halloween are by Swizzles Matlow. My favourite two selections are the Bumper Bag and the Chew Crew. They contain sweets such as Love Hearts, Refreshers, Fizzers, Drum Sticks and Banana Skids. All of these are great sugary sweets and are good for filling up you treat bowl for the Trick'or'Treaters.
The next chocolate based treats I enjoy Maltesers. The great thing about the fun bags is that you don't have to share the packs and share out your nasty cold and flu germs that are spiralling around at the moment. Also, along they still aren't that healthy they are still healthier than most chocolates *the lighter way to enjoy chocolate'. I also love the malt biscuit in the middle of the Maltesers because it makes them melt in the mouth delicious, yet a lighter more enjoyable treat.
Finally, I am loving Butterkist's limited edition Toffee Apple popcorn at the moment, as you may have guessed if you follow me on instagram. I am already a big fan of popcorn (although salted isn't my favourite) and I also love apples, so when I saw this on the shelf, now 80p at Sainsbury's I had to get my hands on them. I have had a few bags of them now, and I think they are perfect for Halloween sleepovers.

Beauty

Of course, I couldn't make this post without putting a little bit of beauty related bits in it. The items I am going to talk about are ones that are great if you don't have a Halloween outfit but are still looking for a quick makeup look. The items are black lipstick and felt tip eyeliner. The lipstick I used I found with some old Halloween costumes the other day, and it is Miss Sporty's Extreme Black Perfect Colour Lipstick. I have no idea whether they still sell this lipstick, but any black lipstick will do. The felt tip liner I used is Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I used the felt tip liner to draw spiders hanging from webs on my face. Don't worry if you aren't great at drawing because it is a quick and easy doodle you can do on your face to add a bit of creepiness to you Halloween look. Also, don't forget spiders have eight legs and not six *yes, I did make that mistake*.
Again I hope you have a spooky Halloween, and have enjoyed my slightly different post, because I have certainly enjoyed writing it.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x