Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics palette

Hello Everybody,
I am so excited to do this makeup review for you. I have had this on my list of thing to do for forever. The reason why it has taken so long is purely because I was waiting for a good amount of light in my room to take half decent pictures. Also, I have no idea why I didn't put this in my September favourites post, but the reason I can think of is that I wanted to surprise you guys with this little review.
The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette has been in my possesion for well over a month now, and I think I may have fallen in love. For a long time I was if-ing and but-ing about purchasing this because it is quite a lot of money for six shade a natural eye shadow, but I can now fully understand why it has such a high price tag. Obviously, other bloggers raving on about the Urban Decay Naked palettes didn't really help me from refraining on such an expensive makeup item, but luckily stock did.
I bought it from Sephora whilst I was travelling back though France on my way home from the Netherlands. I was actually looking to buy the full sized original Naked palette, as the swatches in the shop were  absolutely  beautiful, but unfortunately in their stock drawer there was none left. I then look in the Naked 2 palette drawer, and yet again there was none left. So, I then looked at the basics palette. It surprised me actually, because I would say that the colours are actually a lot nicer on this palette because they are mostly matte. Also, this palette is about £20 cheaper than the bigger Naked palettes, so when I opened the drawer to find a full stock I was astounded.
Left- Right//Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave
As I mentioned earlier, there are 6 colours in this palette, they are all pressed powdered eyeshadows and they are called, Venus: a shimmery white colours, and also the only shimmer colour in the palette. I use this colour for my inner corners and occasionally my lower lash line. Foxy, a nice matte yellow toned cream colour, which I use for my lid. Walk of shame, a pretty pink toned cream colour, very much similar to my skin tone, I use this for my browbone because it is very subtle, yet hides any of my veins on my browbone, as the skin is very thin in that area. Next is Naked 2, a beautiful light brown colour with use from the centre of my lid outwards, and blend up to my crease. Also, there is Faint, which is a darker brown colour, in which I use in my crease, and blend into my outer corners. Finally, there is Crave, an almost black/dark brown shade, this is super for my outer corner, and my water line.
I find that these eyeshadows are super pigmented and have brillant stay power. I don't use primer and they still stay on for a whole day at school. I believe it retails for around £20 in the UK, but it is definitely worth it as the palette is absolute bliss.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x
Instagram         Twitter         Bloglovin'        Facebook