Saturday, 23 November 2013

L'oreal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint review.

Hello Everybody,
Now, I've actually had this L'oreal foundation in my possession for a while now, but me being me took a while to decide what I really thought about it. Obviously, I couldn't do a review on a product that I had only tried once, and I had to have a proper opinion on the product first.
Firstly, can we just take a moment to admire how beautiful the packaging is? The cuboid frosted glass shape makes the bottle look so elegant and classy. Not only that, but it makes that foundation look a whole lot more expensive. The only issue with the packaging is the screw top lid. I know so many people have moaned about the hygiene issues with this style of lid, but personally, that isn't my issue with it. I do not see why it is unhygienic as long as you wash your hands before application. My issue with the screw top lid is that I can now only put the foundation onto my index finger, when I used to put one pump of foundation onto that back of my hand, and believe me, I tried that and made a bit of a mess.
The next thing I want to talk about is coverage, the coverage is quite light, and therfore doesn't hide blemishes, but used with a good concealer it isn't bad at all. Also, the semi-matte finish leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and means that there is no need to put on powder if I'm in a bit of a hurry *yes, I did have to have a shower, hair wash and get ready for a party in twenty minutes today*. Another wonderful thing about the Eau de teint is the lighter than water technology. Evidently this means that the foundation doesn't clog your pores and leaves a no makeup feel. I thought the foundation felt so weird when I was blending it in for the first time, because it felt like it had disappeared on my face although, you could still see the foundation was on there.
All in all, I really like the L'oreal Paris Nude Magique Eau De Teint, and it was definitely justifiable getting it for the introductory price of £6.99, but I'm not overly sure I will repurchase it again for £9.99, and I may go back to my trusty Rimmel London Match Perfection foundation, or try something else.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x