Thursday, 14 November 2013

Mittens on strings and matching scarves

Hello Everybody,
 It's been quite a long time since I have done a fashion post, and I am hoping to do some more outfit of the days in the near future, but for today I am going to be doing a post about mittens on string and matching scarves. I really love mittens and scarfs but I've been hanging it out for as long as possible before I wore any because I wanted to feel the benefit when it actually got cold. Actually, that's a lie, I wear scarves all year round, but my mittens have only just made it out of my wardrobe this year, as where I live it's starting to become a little bit frosty.
Mittens always look super cute anyway, and they keep your hands super warm. Apart from the inconveniences of only having a usable thumb, with the rest of your fingers restricted, mittens to me always look a little bit more fashionable. I like to look quite girlie, so fairisle patterned mittens are definitely more me then a pair of plain black gloves, but I will give it to you, magic gloves are pretty clever.
Last year, or maybe the year before I bought some blue and off white fairisle mittens on string, on a whim. In fact, I thought the string would be really annoying and look totally childish. The string actually makes the mittens look awfully cute when they are dangling out of your coat. Also, if you need to take them off to text somebody you don't need to hold then in your mouth (don't pretend you don't do it) because the string means that they don't need holding.
With my mittens I have a matching scarf with cute little tassles on the end. Together the mittens and scarf look super duper festive and really finish off an outdoorsy outfit. Not only that, but they make me feel slightly nostalgic, reminding me of my toddler years, and my dad tugging me around on the sledge and pushing me down the hill, just because mittens on strings and matching scarves are something nearly all of us had when we were three, and making snowmen in my garden (I'm not saying that I don't do that now).
What do you think of mittens on strings and matching scarves?
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x