Tuesday, 10 December 2013

A friendship to cherish

Hello Everybody,
I wouldn't normally do these type of posts, because they can become quite cheesy and cliché reasonably quickly. But, as you may well know it was my sixteenth birthday on Sunday, and one particular gift that I received made me realise how perfect my friendship with my best mate Katie is.
Katie and I have been best mates for eleven years now, which if you ask me isn't bad going considering I'm only just sixteen and Katie is fifteen. Back to the point, for my birthday present Katie got me a memory book, with lots of pictures of when we were younger and quotations of what was happening in each image to jog my memory. I thought this was absolutely adorable and have flicked through it multiple times already. Another thing that really touched me was a message that she left at the back of the book.
The wording was faultless and beautiful, explaining how she hopes to be my best friend for as long as possible, and although we may not be studying together next year she hopes that we can still stay as close as we are now. What really touched me is that she said how I had helped her through hard times and made her happy when she was feeling sad. Knowing that you can influence someone's mood in such a positive way is one of the best feelings ever.
One thing I wanted to leave you with is a quote that I sent Katie when she was feeling sad, and she has now returned it in this book which will stick with me for eternity, "Everything changes, and nothing stays the same. But as we grow up one thing does remain, I was with you before and will be with you till the very end, nothing could replace my best friend."
Katie, if you are reading this I want you to know that you are very special to me, and I could never find anyone else quite like you. This gift is the most thoughtful and touching thing that I have ever received, and I thank you for that. But most of all, I thank you for being my best friend, sticking with me when the going got tough and persevering with me on my "ranty" days. Thank you.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x