Thursday, 30 January 2014

January Favourites

Hello Everybody,
Hasn't this month flown past? It feels like only yesterday that I was counting down for New Year. January has been a fairly busy month for me, making memories with my friends, catering coursework and me finally coming to terms with the fact that my exams really aren't that far away and that I really do need to knuckle down.

Beauty

My first beauty favourite is the Maybelline colorsenational lipstick in the colour Sweet Pink. This colour is perfect for school because it is very neutral and not too in your face. My next favourite is my Katy Perry Killer Queen Perfume because it has a wondeful wintery musk about it with blissful berry notes, which makes me think of snow and wintery stuff. My final beauty favourite is the Bodyshop's shower gel in Vanilla Bliss, and although this is part of Bodyshop's Christmas line, I think the smell of Vanilla should continue on through the rest of the winter months.

Fashion

My fashion favourite for this month is my love heart necklace from Accessorize. I feel as if this necklace can make any outfit feel a little bit girly. Also, with Valentine's just around the corner I suppose it is fairly festive at the moment. I literally have not stopped wearing this necklace throughout January.

Lifestyle

I have a lot of lifestyle favourites this month, but I'm going to try and keep this section as to the point as possible. My first lifestyle favourite is creating memories with friends, this year my friends and I are all making more effort to enjoy each others company more; we've been shopping together, to a party together and I've even had a friend over for an afternoon of baking which was cute. I've also loved reading this month, and have finally got back into it, although I will say more about that on Saturday. I have also really enjoyed baking this month and I am making an effort to do it more now, as I find baking so relaxing and enjoyable. My TV favourites of this month have got to be Mr Selfridge and Call The Midwife, they're both period dramas, but something about that draws me in even more.

Food

Although it is definitely too early for these to be my food favourites, I am loving Smartie Mini Eggs. I feel like they need to get a bit more hype, considering they are so much more tastier than Cadbury's mini eggs, which also taste nice. I am also loving Pomegranate and Blueberry juice, which I wish I had knew about before. I honestly don't understand why orange juice is so much more popular than this stuff, it is amazeballs.

Music

This is my final category for this month, and both songs are very feel good songs. I feel like people either love them or hate them, but the first one is Happy by Pharrell Williams, which by the way, has the cutest music video. The next song is Wake Me Up by Avicii, which also makes me feel very cheerful.

I hope you enjoyed this months favourites post, and I will try my best to do this every month of 2014, but no promises because I don't want to let you guys down.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x