Thursday, 2 January 2014

New Years Inspiration #2014bloggerchallenge

Hello Everybody,
Happy New Year to you all. If you remember a couple of months ago I said that I would be taking part  in the 2014 Blogger Challenge, so if you want to know what it is then read my post here. Anyway, the first post is New Years Inspiration which Gaby decided would be a better alternative to making New Years resolutions, which I absolutely agree with. Although, I have still made the cheeky resolution or two.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function
as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things-
Winston Churchill
 I chose this quote, mainly because it is something that I need to open up my eyes to a bit more. I will admit over 2013 I didn't deal with criticism  very well, and at times it left me in tears. But criticism isn't there to upset you, it is there to teach you how to improve at things and be a better person.
In 2014 I want to be able to realise that criticism is positive and  it helps me to become a better person. I want to do this because it will make me a much happier and better person all at the same time. It's not just my school work that I need it for, but I need it to improve my blog, to become a better hockey player, but more importantly, I will face criticism everyday in my later life. If I want to have my own business then I have to be able to deal with criticism all the time.
Winston Churchill's quote is going to be so important in inspiring me this year, because it will give me the drive to carry on when things are going wrong. This quote will make me realise how important criticism actually is and that people aren't telling me off when they are telling me something is wrong. They are giving me criticism, criticism that will help me improve in so many aspects of life and inspire me to carry on with what I love and to make life so much better.
I hope you enjoyed my New Years Inspiration post, please comment your responses below.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x