Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Review// Maybelline Colorsensational Hollywood Red 540 Lipstick

Hello Everybody,
I have another little makeup review for you today, and it's a lipstick. My first lipstick review was very popular, and a start to a bit of an obsession of mine, and that is braver coloured lipstick. Of course, with it being winter I have been rocking *or at least trying to* the dark red lip look a bit more, because coral is a bit of a no go unless it's summer.
Today I am reviewing Maybelline's colorsensational lipstick in the colour Hollywood Red 540. This colour has been my go to colour this season, and I am so glad I found it. I have only recently started to grow more confident with lip colours so of course when I was picking a darker lip colour I didn't want it to be too in your face. Personally, I think that Hollywood Red is a great starting point for anybody who is trying to enter the world of the darker lip. The colour is dark, but not too dark, so it isn't a colour that would draw the attention of the world, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Hollywood Red is also a build-able colour, therefore if you only want a light tint you only have to use one swipe, but if you are feeling brave and want to go full on dark, then you can layer it on.
The formula on Maybelline's colorsensationals are also very nice. They are creamy, but not too sticky, and they also do not dry out your lips, thus do not sit in every single crack on those dry and chapped winter lips. Although, if you do have bad lips I advise you to wear lip balm rather than lipstick, because chapped lips still isn't a great look to be rocking.
The lipstick does also stay on for a good while, but obviously because it is not a stain it does need reappling a few times throughout the day. But this lipstick is definitely no hassle as it does last a good three or four hours so can last until the lunchtime re-application.
Also, like most of the other colorsensational range that Maybelline do, the smell is sensational *if you pardon the pun*. I know that smell isn't necessary for a lip product but it is certainly a nice bonus for a makeup product. It doesn't smell like gummy bears like the lipglosses, but it doesn't smell like regular lipstick, which I personally think smells *blugh*. The lipstick smells like chocolate brownies, or at least that's what I think it smells like, whether that is just a figment of my imagination, I will never know.
Overall, the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Hollywood Red 540 is amazing, and I highly recommend it, especially to somebody who is looking to venture into more adventurous makeup. I believe I picked this lipstick up at boots for around £7.19 if you fancy treating yourself.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x