Thursday, 9 January 2014

Winter Wonderland- Day in the life of Emily

Hello Everybody,
A few weeks ago I did a day in the life post and it seemed quite popular, after a bit of thought I decided I would do a few more of these posts because I thought I quite enjoyed doing little posts about some fun parts of my life. Not only is it so you can find out what I've been up to but also so I can look back on these days in a few years time.
On New Years Eve my best mate Katie took me on a trip to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, I was so excited because the last time my family planned on going it was closed due to the awful weather, and also because I had never been before.
The day was brilliant, and although we only went on one ride because they were an absolute rip off *which I nevertheless expected* the atmosphere was what made Winter Wonderland such a wonderful experience. The market was beautiful with lots of different stalls to buy from, and the music playing in the background made it feel that little bit more festive. Also there were many food and drink stalls dotted around to keep the growling stomachs at bay.
I decided to have a hot dog, which by the way, was the longest hot dog I had ever seen, although I'm not complaining because it made the trip seem that little bit more traditional and wonderful. Katie and I also decided to share a bag of churros which Heather from MyEyebrowsAreDark (who was also with us) recommended to us, and I am so glad I had some because I love churros.
After our snack we wondered around the stalls for a while longer, glancing at the cute canvases with quotes written on them, and gazing at the most beautifully delicate jewellery. Somehow I managed to restrain myself from buying anything, which is quite good going for me.
We then headed over to the rides, and after a quick look at the ice-rink hoping to see somebody slip over *I know that's mean but it makes ice skating just that little more amusing* and the purchasing of our tokens we decided on which ride to go on. In fact we ended up going on the one ride I said I wouldn't go on, but it was still a very enjoyable and fun experience.
The ride we went on. The picture is terrible but it was dark.
 Basically, there are seats at either end of the long pole *I don't know what else to call it* that revolves. They load the riders one end at a time, so once we were on we had to sit at the top for a good five or so minutes. The wait was terrifying, and although the view of London was absolutely breathtaking, I spent every second with my heart pounding waiting for the ride to start. Finally when it did start I had the most exhilarating time. I even saw London upside down which was a terrifying but amazing feeling. Afterwards I was so glad I looked past the initial fear of vomiting and dying, etc. because I knew it would be something I would regret not doing if I hadn't, and like I said in my 'Just say yes' post, the worst that would happen is that I wouldn't enjoy it. I suppose I might have vomited, but the feeling of sick lasts a  lot less longer than the feeling of regret, which stays with you for nearly a lifetime.
After we finished on the ride it was time to head back to Katie's, where we had chilli con carne for dinner and then Katie and I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic before the New Year countdown. It was the first time I spent New Year without my parents and brother being there, but it was an enjoyable and memorable experience, and it was lovely to celebrate it with my best friend.
What did you get up to on New Years Eve?
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x