Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Wisdom Wednesday #1

Hello Everybody,
This is my first post for my Wisdom Wednesday series, which I am very excited to do for you all, I'm still not sure how long I will do this for, but I will do this for as long as I have ideas and if I get a good response for this series. The idea of this series is that I share with you a few of my favourite quotes and sometimes my own, and explain the meaning of them in the hope that it can help others become happier and better people.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
-unknown
I'm sure you have all seen this quote before, but it is certainly one of my favourites. It tells us that even though life can be hard, and we may come across some tricky situations, we should still enjoy it. Nobody is going to have the perfect life, but the people that look like they are having a perfect life are the ones that have learnt to enjoy themselves through the bad stuff.
If we look at this quote literally, why should we stay inside and sulk if the weather is rubbish? In places like England so much of our life could be wasted because we are hiding away from the horrible weather. But, we could say the same for everything else, just because we aren't feeling up to going out with our friends doesn't mean we shouldn't. Believe me, there have been plenty of times when I haven't felt quite up to going out with my friends, however, I still have gone out with them and had a great time.
The more we miss opportunities and wait for happiness and enjoyment to come to us, the longer we will wait. Pro-activity is key, because if we do nothing, sulk and be miserable we will miss all of the great things in life. The worst thing you want to happen when you are feeling down is to see that people are enjoying and getting on with life without you.
Dance in the rain, take risks, grab opportunities, because otherwise you will live with regret, and the search for happiness will take longer.
If you have any queries about today's post please do not hesitate to email me, and I will try my best to help, but remember, don't wait for the storm to pass and get out there and live.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x