Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Wisdom Wednesday #3

Hello Everybody,
It's Wisdom Wednesday, and today I'm going to talk to you about Being Yourself. This topic doesn't come with a quote, but more of a well used statement "Be yourself".
Of course being yourself is never going to be easy, especially when you are growing up, but I think being yourself is a good philosophy to life. If we tried to be like someone else we'd be boring. It is your uniqueness that makes you interesting. Don't let what others say or do stop you from being you, be true to you.
Being a girly girl hidden under a hockey and scouting layer is how I am myself. I've never let peoples perceptions stop me from being me, I've never lied to myself about who I want to be. I'm not saying it is easy being yourself, because people will judge.
We take what people say so personally, but why? I've been called "Ginger" and "Four eyes" in my life time, but did that make me cry and change the way I was? No!
Stop being a sheep, and do what you love. Don't follow crowds. Just because your friend loves a certain band doesn't mean you have to, just because someone's told you that they don't like your shoes, doesn't mean you have to listen to them.
We all have our personal opinions, but there is a difference between advice and just being down right rude. Sometimes the difference can be hard to figure out, but as long as you are doing what makes YOU happy, you are being yourself. I once read something saying 'Be-You-Tiful' I thought it was a lovely way of portraying that being yourself is what makes you beautiful, inside and out. Do not let words change you, do not let egos knock you, stand up with your head held high and do what you want to do.
Being yourself can mean so many things, whether it be dressing your own way, to loving something that is completely different. But that is okay, that is what makes you interesting. Being yourself gives you confidence to dress, act and be like what you want, it makes you a happier person, and makes you stand out in the crowd as a better person than the rest of the same old boring people.
Be yourself,
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x