Tuesday, 4 February 2014

DIY Brush Cleanser and How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Hello Everybody,
Today I have decided to do my first ever "sort of" DIY post for you. In this post I will showing you how I clean my makeup brushes , and how I make the cleanser to clean them with. Everything used in this post are easy things that you can find around the house, hence forth it is easy peasy for both you and I to do.
 First of all you will need...
  1. Dirty"ish" makeup brushes.
  2. A towel
  3. A small dessert plate
  4. Antibacterial liquid hand soap
  5. Extra virgin/virgin olive oil

 1. First of all you need to pour about two tablespoons of olive oil onto you dessert plate. Do not worry about measuring because to be honest the amount doesn't count for much. I use the olive oil to help condition the synthetic hairs on the brushes.

2. Put a few pumps of the liquid hand soap on top of the olive oil and stir. The hand soap is the thing that kills any bacteria and horrible stuff that may be on your brushes *this is why we have to clean them*.

 3. Swirl your brush around on the plate to get the mixture onto your brush, or alternatively if you are trying to be sparing with you ingredients, put a bit of mixture on to the tips of your fingers and gently massage it on to the end of the brush until it starts to look a bit foamy.
 4. Rinse under a tap using you fingers to scrub out any of the mixture. It is important that you do not get the part of the brush where the hair meets the handle too wet, because this could loosen the glue in your brush and it might start falling apart.
 5. Put the brush on to the towel to drip dry, because we don't want to be using damp makeup brushes do we?
 6. Repeat the process with the rest of the brushes, ensuring we get every bit of dirt off of them. You may need to replace the olive oil and liquid soap mixture a few times, as this can pick up the dirt and become unclean itself.
 7. Finally, pat dry with the towel, being very gentle because we do not want to misshapen the brushes, afterwards you will want to leave the brushes wrapped in a towel for a good few hours to ensure all of the moisture is removed from them. 
And there you have it, that is how I clean my brushes. I hope you enjoyed this post because it wasn't easy to put together, but I  am pleased with it. If you would like me to do similar posts please comment below recommendations because although this post took slightly longer to put together it was very enjoyable at the same time. See you tomorrow.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x