Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Maybelline's The Rocket Volume Express Mascara

Hello Everybody,
Cue the music for  a Cult makeup review... Yep, I know, everyone and their mother *or at least my mother* has this mascara, but that still doesn't mean that it doesn't need any more hype. I've had The Rocket mascara by Maybelline for a while now, and I am absolutely devoted to it. If you haven't bought it yet, then why not? Believe me, after this review you may be asking the same question, because there is going to be nothing but love here on my blog today.
 Okay, so some of you may be wondering what all of the hype is about, it's just a highstreet mascara, with a rather cheap looking plastic brush and  not very glamorous looking packaging? It's true, the product lives up to it's price lookswise, but hey, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover *cliché much*.
Honestly, I wouldn't have even considered this mascara without the world of YouTube and Blogging drawing me in. Compared to most other highstreet mascaras I actually think the packaging looks rather cheap, but then again most mascara tubes look in all respects hideous. For me mascara has always been one of those things I do not like buying, it's not like you can swatch them in the shop.
Anyhow, I have actually fallen in love with this product, much like I have with most of Maybelline's other products. Firstly, the volume is unbelievable. I'm no expert in makeup at all so I was actually reasonable shocked by getting such volume by a wand that was rather fat with the worlds shortest bristles. To me it just looked like it was going to clump up my lashes and look rather unattractive, but I knew that couldn't be the truth considering The Rocket had been soooo hyped over.
I have the waterproof formula, because being a teenage girl you never know when you may have a tearful moment, and the lasting power is incredible. Literally, the mascara doesn't move from the moment I put it on to the moment I take it off, so much so that it is a bit of a struggle to remove.
I highly recommend this product to anyone that is new to makeup or is on a budget and can't afford anything posh *yep, that is definitely me*. I certainly think that it is worth the £7.99 price tag, especially considering it is a fairly large tube.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x