Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Wisdom Wednesday #8

Hello Everybody,
I have another Wisdom Wednesday post for you all today and this topic is something that I was meant to do for a long time, but I forgot about it, so when I was flicking back through my notebook and found this I was like 'booya' this weeks topic sorted!!
We all want to be perfect, lets all face it, no matter how many times people say "Without imperfections everybody would be the same." we still strive for perfection. What people do not realise is how unhappy perfectionism makes them.
Whether the spacing between the words of your writing has to be exactly the same, or you beat yourself up every time you get a question wrong, you are being a perfectionist. What people do not realise is that perfectionism leads to self confidence issues.
Even I can admit myself is that I am too afraid to say an answer in class sometimes because I am scared I will get it wrong. I want to be seen as perfect, but without making mistakes I wouldn't learn anything *as cliché as it might be*. 
Imagine everybody being perfect. You can't can you? Every bodies perfect is different which means it's impossible to be perfect. Your perfectionism is weighing you down, making you anxious and making you feel like a terrible person. Stop comparing yourself with others and be yourself.
There is nothing wrong with imperfections as long as you are the best version of you. I'm not saying that you shouldn't give up on improvements, but live in the now, tell yourself that you won't always be as good as you want to be, you can't be good at everything, but at least you tried, and there is room to improve, but there is also TIME to improve.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x