Saturday, 10 May 2014

Revision Tips

The dreaded time has come... EXAMS!! Yes, that is correct, if any of you are familiar with GCSEs then you will know full well that exams start on Monday (my blog's birthday). Scary stuff I know! Anyway, I thought I would be a kind being and share with you some of my helpful revision tips for you. Yay!
Timetable
I recommend you plan your revision, so you know what to revise and when to revise. It gives you something to stick to and gives you more motivation to revise.
Switch off
Turn off anything that might distract you, turn off your TV and you phone, because they'll only distract you. If your like me and find yourself scrolling though Instagram or watching videos on Youtube, remember you have the whole of the summer for that. It can wait!
Music on
Some people find this distracting, but if like me you hate sitting in silence, turn on some motivational music. There are some great Studying Playlists on Spotify, so have a look on there. You can get the app for free on your phone and listen to music on shuffle.
My Techniques
Take notes from the book. Only write the important stuff. Some little bits of information will not need to be remembered as much as others.
Highlight key points. This is great for looking back over notes the night before the exam.
Write on flash cards. Write keywords on one side and write the definition on the other and then test yourself. I also make Geography Case Study booklets with them and staple them together.
Use coloured pens if you find black or blue pen boring.
Make mind maps, I do this for French Vocabulary, because it is better than making boring lists.
Practice. Practice papers help you to identify what you still need to revise.



I hope this helps and good luck!
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x