Thursday, 26 June 2014

Prom Makeup Look

Omg guys!! It's today, it's freaking today! Today is the day every girl in my year has been building up for...Prom (lets face it, it is a bigger event for us girls over boys). The time has come around so fast and by the time you guys have probably read this I would've had my nails done, tidied my house ready for my after party and may even have had my hair done. But, this is how I am doing my makeup for prom. Unless, I have a sudden mind change today.

Base

Firstly I used Benefit's porefessional as a primer and to blur out any pores. Then for the base I wanted to use something that wasn't too glowy as there is a lot of flash photography going on at prom for this reason I used L'Oreal's True Match foundation in the colour Rose Ivory. I find that although this foundation does have SPF in it it doesn't seem to flash back as bad as most foundations. For my concealer I used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the colour 01 because it has a high coverage and is great at hiding those pesky dark circles and blemishes. For powder I used Maybelline's Fit Me pressed powder, just to mattify the look and keep the foundation on for longer.

Cheeks and contour

For my cheeks I wanted to ensure I didn't look too pale otherwise I would completely wash out in photographs but I also wanted a bit of a blush because that looks more natural on my pale skin. To bronze my cheek bones and temples I used Bourjois' bronzer in the lightest shade and then used their creamy blusher in the shade 03. To make the look more natural I also made sure my blusher wasn't applied to close to my nose because that is a big makeup "no no". I also used use a very small amount of Soap&Glory's Glow All Out highlighter along the tops of my cheeks, t-zone, cupid's bow and chin to give myself a natural glow. But when I say a little bit I mean a little bit because I do not want that camera washing me out and making me look like Caspar the Ghost!

Eyes and Eyebrows

Okay, so... for the base of my eyeshadow I used Urban Decay's original primer potion, I then went onto use my Naked 3 palette on the rest of my lid, I used Strange on my brow-bone, Limit on my upper lid, and Liar in my crease. I then used Trick in my outer corners to give the look a more rusty effect. Afterwards I blended Liar a little bit under my lower lash line also. For my eyeliner I used Maybelline's 24 hour gel liner and winged it out a little bit (I can't go without a little wing). For my mascara I used Maybelline's The Rocket masacra in waterproof so it lasts all night. Finally for my eyebrows I used an Eylure eyebrow pencil.

I think that is everything! How are you doing your makeup for prom?
Toodles
EmilyBelleBlogs x