Thursday, 17 July 2014

200th blog post// A chat// My life lately...

Let's have a chat, seeing as we haven't had one in a while and this is my 200th blog post and I kind of want to make it special for that reason. Right now I am sitting here on my bedroom floor, firstly, because my desk is messy and secondly, because I moved my floordrobe to my bed (my usual blogging spot) in the hope that I'll put it away when I have to get in it tonight rather then being a lazy bum and putting back on the floor. I mean come on, I'm a 16 year old girl, expectations of being super tidy so you can take blog pictures all the time is not fair, most other girls have messy floors and overflowing drawers. Is it just me? Nope!

Anyway, I kind of don't know what I am going to write today, so this could either become an utter shamble of a ramble, or a half decent post. I haven't been able to take pictures (due to not having any cakes to pipe the generic 200th post or THANK YOU on to and my messy bedroom) so I thought, why not stick some of my favourite camera roll photos on this post instead. Yep, I am full of bright ideas, absolutely full of them.
Let's start off this post with talking about life lately and what I have been up to. As you know, I have been off of school for a month now, and apart from the suckish boredom that has overcome me on multiple occasions, mostly on days I lapse in creativity and my friends want to lay in bed all day, it hasn't been too shabby. In fact, I seemed to have managed to not spend too much money, spend time with my friends, and go to Majorca for a week with my family so far. Not to mention prom and my sixth form induction days which were actually rather fun *apart from Becca dropping me in a piggy back race, my shoulder never quite recovered from that*.
Life has kind of been a whirl of excitement, the unknown seems to excite me more then frighten me now and for some reason I am all up for trying new things, and actually doing more daring things *canoeing does count right?*. I seem to have developed an utmost adoration for the outdoors, and for some reason the empty plant pots in my back garden make me feel sad *I really need to buy some flowers from the market*. To be honest when I say I love the outdoors I mainly mean just being in it, I want to have garden parties, camp outs, make s'mores, watch the sunrise, have a water fight and even buy a helmet so I can get back on my bike. I literally have no idea where this has come from, but I love it.
I also want to bake so much more, with mini doughnuts, lemon meringue pie and strawberry and cream cupcakes on my list so far, I'm sure my house will be smelling like a bakery in no time.
To be honest, I was a bit miffed at the beginning of the holidays because I really wanted a job so I could have more money, but now I have gotten over that. I have realised I can have so much fun without money, and if by the end of this month I do need money. The why not make some out of doing what I love? Nobody said I couldn't.
Now, after that I think I should get on to the real reason on why I am writing this post, and that is you guys. Only yesterday I realised that this in fact was my 200th blog post. I was shocked more then anything because it only feels like the other day that I wrote my 100th blog post. All I can say is that this wouldn't be happening without you guys. My blog is continuing to grow, and every time I hit another milestone my confidence grows a little bit with it. My confidence growing from blogging is a big deal for me because over most of 2013 I was really lacking it and feeling quite rubbish because of it. So far 2014 has been great, so considering on the 1st of January I thought 2014 was going to be rubbish because of exams, falling apart friendships and the usual teenage troubles it has actually been the best yet. Yes, I might still be dreading results day, but that doesn't define me. My happiness, growing confidence and excitability is what defines me, and I wouldn't change that for the world, I wouldn't even exchange it for a strawberry milkshake *even if I really really want one right now*.
I want to thank every single one of you who has commented on my blog, tweeted me something nice, or even just acknowledged my blog, because every single one of you has helped 2014 be amazing for me. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for EmilyBelleBlogs and I, and I sincerely hope you are too. Again, and big thank you and virtual hug for helping me make this little blog my baby, because trust me, I never thought it would get to where it is today.
Enough with the sappiness now Emily!
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x