Today's post is actually a post that has been requested by one of my lovely readers, Jing. She told me that her friends and her were going on a camping trip soon and would like to know the dos and don'ts of camping. Considering I am an experienced camper and Explorer Scout I like to think that I would actually be good at giving this kind of advice.
|Pictures source: Weheartit (I haven't had chance to take photos)|
- Plan before you go, make sure you know whether there are water taps where you are staying and that if you are planning a campfire you have permission to do so.
- Make s'mores at the campfire!
- Pack old clothes, you will get dirty.
- Pack waterproofs, even if it is meant to be sunny the ground might still be wet.
- Take a fold out chair- unless you want to sit on the floor.
- Check the site beforehand, has it got everything you wanted?
- Take layers, even if it is warm during the day, once the sun disappears it gets cold quite quickly.
- Take a mummy bag and not a sleeping bag. Mummy Bag's are a lot tighter, keeping bugs out and keeping you a lot warmer. Also they wrap around your head, and you loose most of your heat from your head.
- Sleep in your socks! Your feet will sweat, and you wont be able to take them off without getting out of your sleeping bag and getting cold again.
- Take makeup- honestly you don't need it and it'll be a waste of space and time.
- Camp under a tree, I have been at a campsite when the wind blew a tree down and it luckily just about missed a tent that was next to it. You might not be as lucky.
- Mess around near the fire or make it bigger than you can cope with, also make sure you have a fire bucket near by.
- Try and roll the sleeping bag back into its bag! Sleeping bags are meant to be stuffed, you won't get it back in rolled, trust me!
- Forget to take insect spray to spray on yourself, the bites can really hurt.
- Itch the bites!! Put antihistamine cream on them.