Thursday, 31 July 2014

Embakes Vanilla Cake Pops!

Hello Everybody,
Today I took the plunge with my trusty steeds Kerry and Kelly and we made some Cake Pops. Now I've actually had a fancy gadget type thing in my wardrobe for ages ready to make some of these cutesy cakes but the cake pop maker unfortunately didn't come with any cake pop sticks, so when I saw that they sold them in Poundland I jumped at the chance to pick them up.
Unfortunately this recipe is specifically for the cake pop maker but I will try my best and give a guess at what the oven temperature and times need to be if you are using a cake pop mould instead.

Ingredients

100g Caster Sugar
100g Butter
2 Eggs
100g Self-raising flour
A big bar of white chocolate
SPRINKLES!!

Method

  1. Cream together the caster sugar and butter until it is light and fluffy.
  2. Add the eggs one by one and beat until it has fully combined.
  3. Fold in the flour and then mix vigorously until the mixture is completely pale and smooth.
  4. Preheat your cake pop maker until the light turns green and tells you that it is ready for you to bake your cake pops *if you have an oven and silicon mould preheat the oven to about 180'c*.
  5. Put the mixture into the cake pop maker and let is bake for 5 minutes. *If you are using an oven let the cake pops bake for about 10 minutes*.
  6. Once the cake pops have baked, put them on their sticks and leave them to completely cool.
  7. Then melt the white chocolate in a bowl over boiling water *if you want to be posh you can call it a bain marie*.
  8. Once the chocolate has fully melted leave it to cool a bit so it doesn't slide straight off of the cake. This took too long for us so we added about 40g of icing sugar to the chocolate to thicken it. Then we covered each cake pop with the chocolate.
  9. Finally, sprinkle on your choice of sprinkles. I chose some multi-coloured stars because I thought that they looked really pretty.
And that is it! It's quite an easy recipe, and I hope the oven one works because I have completely made the
at recipe up, and I apologise if it is completely wrong, because I have never made them in an oven. I hope you have a wonderful evening and I will see you tomorrow with my first of many special posts.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x