Tuesday, 1 July 2014

June Favourites

It's the first of another month, yep, it's the first of July which means it is time for another good ol' favourites post. To be honest, June has been the quickest month so far for me, probably because lots of great things have happened, but I also spent the first couple of weeks completing my GCSE exams.

Beauty

My beauty favourite this month is the Benefit Porefessional, although I haven't worn it loads, on the special occasions I have worn it is has worked wonders. I'm not going to go into full details about it because I will do a full review on it soon, but I actually picked it up as a sample in the Elle magazine last month, which was a life saver and money saver for my prom makeup which I was very happy about.

Fashion

My fashion favourite of this month is another shirt like last month but this time it is a little floral smock shirt from Primark. The reason I love it so much is because it is super loose and light which is perfect for warmer days, but is also perfectly comfortable. Not only that but even though it was a bargain from Primark I have had so many compliments on it lately which makes me believe that even cheap clothes can look just as nice as designer clothes when you are on a budget.

Food

This summer I have set myself a personal challenge of trying new foods, therefore a couple of days ago whilst I was in Wagamama's I thought that rather then having the usual Beef Teriaki I thought that I would try the Duck Ramen, and oh my, it was absolutely delicious. Also, I thought it was so cool that I got to eat it in the traditional way with some chopsticks and a ladle type thing.

Life

The first great thing that happened this month was completing my GCSEs and a picnic that I had with my friends (which I did a post about). I then had my school prom which was probably the best night of my life and being all glammed up felt so special. It was also great to spend that night with my friends after too because it made the evening even more special, although I cannot believe that after so much preparation it is already over. Also, I went on my first run in ages with my friends, which was an experience *Louisa if you are reading this you will know what I mean*. We also went to the carnival quiz being the naïve teenage girls we are, little did we know that we were going to end up in the local newspaper, ew! Finally, I went to see The Fault in Our Stars, but more on that in my next category.

Music

My favourite song of this month has got to be All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran which is played in the final credits of The Fault  in Our Stars, which by the way is the most beautiful film I have ever seen, but also very moving and emotional.
 I hope you all enjoyed the month of June and look forward to July.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x