Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Wisdom Wednesday #15- Slowing down

Have you ever felt like things move so fast? Life just blurs by like you're in a rocket ship, or on the telly and someone is fast forwarding you x30. I do. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks that things can change so quickly. Some things more uncontrollably than others. But, there are also times when you feel like although it seems that life is moving fast, it isn't. It's just that we have our heads so much into the future that we forget what it is to feel mindful. We forget what it feels like to just let things slow down a little bit. We forget what it feels like to actually enjoy the moment.
 It's in humans every nature to just sit and worry about what they will be doing in 10 years time from now. Or what will happen if they don't wash the car today. But it is times like this that you realise you are doing everything far too quickly. Life becomes overwhelming, and you actually forget what is going on presently. Change. Change is our trigger. Whether we think we can deal with it or not, we all seem to jump the next hurdle before we've finished jumping over the current one. Leaving us to stumble and fall.
For example, I worry about passing my A Levels before I've even received my GCSE results. There is absolutely no logic in it, but I do know that I'm not the only one who does it. I'm also the sort of person who can go to a party and worry about what I am doing the next day rather then enjoy the party I am currently at, again, this is quite a human thing to do.
But I think that we need to start being more mindful so that life doesn't pass so quickly. So we can start enjoying it more, rather then complaining about things that haven't even happened. We are wasting great and amazing opportunities to smile and enjoy ourselves, because our heads are stuck in the future. Enjoy today or you may miss it.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x