Saturday, 30 August 2014

August Favourites

I'm casually sitting here right now thinking... It's the last day of August tomorrow, which mean it's the first day of September is on Monday, which also means. SCHOOLS STARTING!! AHHHHH!!!
But, all is fine because the end of August also means a good ol' obligatory favourites post, and I'm excited about it because I've been trying lots of things lately, although I am going to try and keep it concise as I am off to a party very soon. Whoop whoop!

Beauty

I've been loving a couple of beauty things this month, and the first thing is a lipstick which I reviewed on here a couple of days ago. I've been loving my MAC Speed Dial lipstick this month because the soft fuchsia pink tone is very summery and bright without being too in your face, which I personally think is great for a summer month like August, even though it has taken a cold turn recently.
I have also been loving Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily scrub. I've been using it for only a short while, but I am already noticing a difference in my skin, as I have been having a bit of spot trouble with it lately. It has been clearing up my breakouts, prevently more and giving my face a gentle exfoliation all at the same time. Who wouldn't want that?

Fragrance

I haven't really  had a fashion favourite this month as I have been wearing pretty much the same stuff as I did in July, so I thought I would talk about my favourite fragrance instead. I have been loving Yankee Candles, Summer Scoop Candle, it is lovely and sweet and fruity, which makes it perfect for this month. My bedroom has certainly been smelling heavenly this month.

Life

Hanging out with friends has been a big thing for me this month. I have been to see Inbetweeners 2 at the cinema *which was rude and very disgusting at some points*. I have been round my friends houses numerous times. Making jelly, consuming lots of Subway and altogether having a good laugh. Speaking of laughs... I did the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS, which I have donated to and it was all fun and games but it also felt very good that I had been helping out a well deserving cause, you can check it out, along with other things from my life on my Instagram. Also, how could I forget blogging everyday, which I have thoroughly enjoyed and I feel as if my blog has grown so much this month. Over 2000 pageviews isn't bad going!!

Food

Firstly, I have started to develop an unhealthy Subway obsession *thanks Kerry and Becca*. Which I specifically order "A 6" Italian with tuna toasted and then with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise". I love it!! In fact I introduced my mum to one at lunch today. It was delicious. I have also had a Duck obsession too, consuming it on three different occasions this week. Is that a bit much?

Music

My favourite song of this month is a new release by Taylor Swift called Shake It Off. It's fun, empowering and such a feel good song. Go on, shake it off, it feels good doesn't it? Yep! And that is why it is my favourite song of the month.

I hope you enjoyed my favourites this month and I will be back tomorrow with my final daily blog post from this month.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x