Saturday, 23 August 2014

DIY// Tumblr Inspired Notebook

Hello Everybody,
I am back with my second post of the day "saaay what?!", however if you follow me on twitter then you may have seen me tweet about this last week. That is because I have actually been inspired recently to actually do some DIY posts, as I did say on my first post of this year that I would try to do more DIY posts. Clearly, I haven't done any yet, so I thought I would do my first one to go along with earliers school supply post.
Today I want to show you how to make a very Tumblr/pinterest/weheartit inspired notebook, that is a great way of making your old ugly notebooks look pretty and as good as new. I thought this would be a great idea as I know that I love a pretty notebook, but I get bored of the ones I currently have quite quickly and therefore waste paper, because I don't finish my old ones.

What you will need!

Pritt Stick
Scissors
Collection of your favourite photos printed
An old Notebook

Method

1) Cut one of your photos into a triangular shape with the scissors.
2) Put the glue onto the back of the triangle photo and put onto the old notebook cover, starting for the bottom left hand corner.
3) Then cut another photo into an upside down triangle and glue it next to the photo that you have already stuck onto the notebook.
4) Repeat this process until you get to the right hand side of the notebook. If you have any extras on this end you can just tuck them on the otherside of the cover and stick it down.
5) Cut a photo to fill the gap on the left hand side and then start doing the next layer.
6) To do the next layer you want to start by using an upside down triangle instead. This creates a nicer tiling pattern.
7) Then basically keep repeating until you have filled the entire cover.
8) The top is the hardest bit and definitely requires a bit more patience and trimming of the images, but once you have got the hang of it you should be fine.

I hope this DIY made sense, although it is fairly self explanatory, so if what I said wasn't so easy to understand just copy the  image below.
I hope you enjoyed my first ever proper DIY post, and you also liked the fact that this was my second post of the day and it was a bit of surprise. I look forward to doing some more DIY posts for you in the future.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x