Saturday, 16 August 2014

Embakes Mini Doughnuts

Hello Everybody,
Today I have an Embakes post, and before I start I do not know how many of these I will be doing after this as I have started a little project and as much I like to share my recipes I also like to keep some to myself. But I am sure I will do some Embakes posts in the future, just not as many.
Today however I am going to show you how I made some chocolate covered mini doughnuts which were really fun to make, and make a really yummy and light snack, perfect for parties or family get togethers.

Ingredients

75g Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Cinnamon
50g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
2tbsp Milk
25g Unsalted Butter, melted
200g Dark Chocolate
Colourful sprinkles

Method

1.Preheat the oven to 180'c and put your mini doughnut silicon mould onto a baking tray. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl and then stir in the caster sugar so that all of the dry ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Put the egg, milk and melted butter into a jug and whisk until all ingredients are completely mixed together and then pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk together until the batter is completely smooth.
3. Use two teaspoons to then fill your doughnut cases. They should be almost full, but as most trays only make a dozen doughnuts and we are making 24 mini doughnuts you will want to only use half of the mixture and repeat this step once the first batch has finished baking.
4. Bake the doughnuts for 8-10 minutes or until they have risen nicely and take them out of the oven. If some of the centers have closed up then whilst the doughnuts are still hot use the end of a wooden spoon to separate them.
5. Leave the doughnuts in the silicon tray to cool for 5 minutes and then use a knife the loosen the edges of each doughnut and turn them out.
6. Repeat the final steps until you have all 24 mini doughnuts made and let all of the doughnuts cool on a cooling rack for a few hours.
7. Melt some chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water, ensuring you stir it regularly so that the chocolate doesn't burn.
8. Dunk the tops of the doughnuts into the chocolate to coat them, you may need to poke something through the middle of each doughnut so that part doesn't get covered in the chocolate also.
9. Once you have done this get a tonne of sprinkles and go crazy, the more sprinkles you add the prettier the doughnuts look in my opinion.
10. Leave the chocolate to set on top of the doughnuts, and then they will be ready to share and enjoy *or you could just keep them for yourself, but that would be a bit greedy*.

I hope you enjoyed this post and try this recipe, because the doughnuts are certainly delicious.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x