Monday, 11 August 2014

MAC Creme Cup Review

Hello Everybody!!
Today I actually have a product review for you, and it feels like it has been ages since I have written one, so I hope I remember how to do them. Anyway, today's post is about probably one of the most coveted MAC lipsticks out there and that is Creme Cup!
I know you've probably seen this lipstick be reviewed a million times over by now, but I don't see why I can't share my opinion on this product, so I am sharing my views on it with you all too.

Packaging

Okay, so let's start this review off by talking about the packaging, and my golly, how can you not love the little black bullet type packaging that MAC lipsticks come in? They look so sleek and stylish, and just generally feel really lovely to hold. One downside of the packaging is that all permanent line MAC lipsticks look the same, and the only way of identifying them is by looking on the bottom for their name, or just taking the lid off and looking. Which, if you own loads of these, I suppose that could become a pain.

Colour

The colour of Creme Cup is quite a dark nude, and probably a bit pinker then my natural lip. However, I love the colour, and I think it is perfect for a natural makeup look. Or perfectly matched with a smokey eye. I also think the colour is very feminine and ladylike, so perfect for a more glamorous evening out. I first wore mine to my school prom.

Formula

The formula of this particular MAC lipstick is cremesheen, which personally I think is perfect, because it isn't too glossy, but it also isn't matte, it is just perfectly in between. It has a great lasting power and it makes my lips feel really nice, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Price

The price for this product is a bit of a let down. I will be honest and say that you get what you pay for because it is definitely worth a more high end price tag. But knowing that MAC lipsticks have gone from being £12 to £15 to now £15.50 does break my heart, because they are getting more and more expensive and harder for people to buy. Surely the extra 50p doesn't need to be there?!
 
Anyway, that is my opinion on the MAC Creme Cup lipstick. Although, one more thing I would like to say about it is that I love the smell of it. It smells of vanillary goodness, and if it was a pudding I would definitely choose it.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x