Monday, 18 August 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Hello Everybody,
Today I am going to be reviewing a product that I had lusted over since the day of it's release, and that is the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. Now I know that it really isn't cheap, but firstly I got it for 20% off because it was my first order from Feel Unique, and secondly I bought it as a finishing exams present for myself, as I'd wanted and saved for it for quite a while.
Personally, I believe that this beautiful palette of rose gold goodness is a great investment for my makeup collection because every colour looks so luxury and gorgeous, plus the palette is pretty big so I know that it will last me for a long time.

Packaging

Firstly, let's just talk about the packaging... isn't it just perfect? It's rose gold, sleek, elegant and durable. So what could be so wrong with the packaging? The palette clasps shut properly so it has less likelihood of being damaged, unlike the original Naked palette, and it is also super easy to open, unlike the Naked Basics palette which needs a bit more force to be opened. I also love the fact the colour of the packaging really corresponds with the colour theme on the inside of the palette too. Overall, I think the packaging is perfect, it even comes with a nice big mirror on the inside.

Colour

Oh gosh! The colours inside the palette are just perfect for me. The colours are warm, pink and very very girly, which is pretty much everything I love. I do prefer the lighter shades I will be honest, but that is mainly because I am not skillful enough to apply a dark eyeshadow without smudging it halfway down my face, because yes, that does happen. My favourite colour from the the entire palette however had got to be Trick, which is a rusty copper colour and looks absolutely stunning blended into the crease of the eye.

Formula

The pigmentation of the colours in the Naked 3 palette is absolutely astonishing. You honestly only need one sweep of the darkest colour Blackheart and it is already super dark, which will never stop amazing me. Also, the staying power of the eyeshadows are really good and, as much as it may seem controversial, I actually prefer to where these colours without primer, one reason being that I really don't like the feel of the Urban Decay Primer Potion on my eye after trying a sample of it.

Price

Albeit expensive, you definitely get what you pay for with this palette, and it is certainly worth every penny. Personally I believe it is an investment, because you really won't need to be repurchasing one of these palettes all too often, but it does currently have 10% off in the summer sale on feel unique so I have left a link here for you just in case you would like to have a cheeky purchase.

I hope this review has helped you to decide whether you need this palette in your life, but I haven't broken your bank doing so.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x