Tuesday, 18 November 2014

24 things... To do when you are bored.

Hello Everybody,
I don't really have time to be bored anymore, I don't know whether that is because I am busy, or whether it is just because I seem to be better at filling my time then I used to be. But, occasionally I will still have that day when I just want to "hurmph" in the corner because everybody else is busy and I have absolutely nothing to do. This is why I thought I would compile a list of, believe it or not, 24 things to do when you are bored!
1. Build a fort... just grab some sheets and pillows from your airing cupboard and voila you can make a fort.
2. Go for a run... or a walk if you don't fancy running.
3. Go for a hike... up a mountain if you are lucky enough to live in a hilly area. Or if you live in a flat rural area like me walk across some fields. Or around Central Park if you happen to live in New York City... unfortunately that is not something I can do unless I fancy paying silly amounts for a 6 hour flight and then a quick stroll around.
4. Play with your pets... or a random cat if you don't happen to have any pets.
5. Write your bucket list... and be serious... do you really climb Everest?
6. Scrapbook your favourite memories of the year... collect up some of your favourite photos, newpapers cuttings, tickets, etc.
7. Write a letter to a friend and post it.
8. Go swimming and master a new stroke... I challenge you to the butterfly.
9. Clear out your wardrobe and fill up a charity bag... that always feels good.
10. Start a blog if you haven't already... and if you have then give it a makeover.
11. Go outside and take some arty farty photographs.
12. Learn something completely new... I'll make a list of things to learn in a few weeks perhaps.
13. Try a challenge that you can do by yourself... like 100 squats or getting your tongue to touch your nose *I can do that #braggingrights*.
14. Go bird watching... it's fun... don't judge.
15. Go to a park, you're never too old to go on the swings, as long as you don't keep the little children waiting.
16. Eat something new... I still need to try sushi but it terrifies me a little.
17. Bake something really challenging... hmmm... I challenge you to make a buche de noel... it's nearly Christmas okay?!
18. Find a DIY project and try it.
19. Eat cake!
20. Read a book. You know... the one that you started reading 3 months ago but never found the time to finish?
21. Learn the first 100 number of pi. I mean, I don't think I would be very good at this but it is worth a try... 3.1415926...
22. Watch a new movie, or your old favourite.
23. Learn a dance to music video... I do this when I'm not bored... IT'S FUN OKAY?!
24. Learn how to make jam, because why the hell not?

I hope you don't get bored anymore.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x