Sunday, 25 January 2015

Sunday Story Time!- Homework in Costa!!

Hello Everybody,
I hope you are all well and have had a good week. My week has been really good *apart from finding out that my Disney trip was cancelled, but more on that another time*. I've had a busy week/weekend which ended up in me using my lunch break -I was at a trade fair- to do a bit of homework, which ended up being quite productive, which is funny because I was writing about production possibility curves... however, I am sure you are not interested in that.
Anyway, during my lunch hour, I headed off to Costa, grabbed a Mocha *I needed caffine... I was up at 6:30!* a sandwich, some vegetable crisps and a Juicy Water and headed upstairs because I knew it was quieter up there. I didn't start my homework right away and whilst pondering on how great 2015 has been so far, and how good it will be, I sipped on my mocha and ate my sandwich.
Once I had finished that moment of mindfulness I got started on my homework, that's when I realised how great it is in a quiet coffee shop to do my work. How can something make homework not feel like a chore? I completed what I wanted to complete much quicker than expected and was quite proud of myself.
I know this is a short story, but it feels like a happy moment. A moment in time that I have spent alone and actually felt good. Naturally, sitting in a coffee shop alone would normally make me feel vulnerable, small, and very self-conscious. I have never normally enjoyed being be myself, but something about just thinking about how peaceful that moment was made me feel amazingly happy, and also made me thankful for all of the opportunities that have been given to me lately,
I hope you have a wonderful week this week and don't forget to smile. No matter what life throws at you there is always better opportunities to come, happy times ahead, and always things to be thankful for.
Lots of love,
EmilyBelleBlogs x