Sunday, 15 March 2015

Weekend Morning Routine

Hello Everybody,
Today I thought I would share with you my weekend morning routine, as I see morning routines circulate around Youtube a lot but there never seems to be written versions on blogs, so I thought I would be a really kind human being and write one for you today. I wouldn't necessarily say that my weekend morning routine is set in stone as it really depends on what I am doing on the specific day as to what I will actually do when I get up... everyone's allowed a pajama day every once in a while... no?

Waking up

I like to think it is nice to wake up more naturally on a weekend, as in without that terrible fright of the alarm going off like it does every other day of the week. Besides having a lie in every so often is just perfect for the weekend. But, I have a problem, whenever I have a day where I can lay in I seem to wake up really early... I mean, what is that all about? But, when I wake up I tend to spend a good hour catching up with social media, particularly as I have very little time during the week, and in the evenings to do so now.

Getting up

The first thing I do when I get out of bed is normally run to the toilet because by this time I have waited too long and am now bursting for a pee. After that I like to splash my face with cold water *Oooh! Refreshing!* and cleanse my face with my Clearasil face wash. I will then head back to my room.

Time to beautify!

Sometimes at weekends I skip the whole makeup thing and just moisturise and put some eye brightener under my eyes to wake me up, but when I do I'm either really lazy or experiment too much and end up looking like a demented clown... thank meatballs that makeup isn't permanent! I will also do my hair, sometimes I wash it in the morning if I am feeling extra gross, but most of the time it is just a quick fix job of a top knot, french plait or hair straighten.

What to wear?!

Okay... this is the bit that takes me the flipping longest, no matter how many times a buy new clothes *which I am really trying hard to refrain from because I am saving up for two holidays next year* I never seem to have anything I want to wear! I blame magazines, I see something nice and fashionable, which most of the time I would never be able to pull off anyway, and want to have it for myself. So then I look at all of my clothes and wonder why on earth I bought them... why do trends change? Honestly though, I think sliders are gross, I think flares are gross, yet I still want to wear them because they are cool, you see my dilemma?

Breakfast and stuff...

Anyway, after what seems to be an hour long palaver I tend to opt for the most boring outfit ever and head down for breakfast because by this point my stomach is having whole ranty conversations with me about how hungry it is. I tend to go for cereal, but if I am feeling a little more adventurous I might have a bagel or some scrambled egg, or even both like I have today.
The very last thing I do is brush my teeth, and then do whatever I wish with the rest of my time.

The End... just joking but it does feel like I've written a novel aha!! Well done for getting to the end if you have got this far, because I don't often write this much but I am in a rambly mood, probably because I've got homework to do but am procrastinating instead.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x