Friday, 22 May 2015

Mermaid Hair// Bleach Ldn. Washed Up Mermaid. Hair Crayon.

Hello Everybody,
The other day whilst prowling the shelves of boots I found myself looking down the hair aisle, which doesn't often happen because I've usually already filled my basket with tonnes of makeup products and can't bring myself to splurge on anything else. However, I noticed that Bleach London was stocked in this particular Boots and was very excited. I mean, if you had the opportunity of trying out mermaid hair for the day you would, right?
I decided to try out the Washed Up Mermaid Hair Crayon, as it was only £4 and I had enough points on my advantage card to get it without paying anything "GO BOOTS!". Also, I knew that it would only be something I could wash out which I wanted in case it made my hair look gross and mouldy.
The product is actually really good and the colour does really suit me, however you do need quite a bit to cover even the tips of your hair if you have a lot of hair like mine. The product itself however, is suited for bleached hair, which I cannot bring myself to do as I am still growing my hair, thus the product would probably come out better if my hair was bleached.
The product is non-permanent and can stay in your hair for 1-3 hair washes, but to be honest with my hair it just fades out throughout the day anyway. Although, I wasn't expecting too different considering the instructions even say "Apply to bleached hair".
The application is super easy. All you have to do is draw on the colour onto dry hair into your desired place, and then rub off any excess that might be on your hair. Be sure to wash your hands immediately after though otherwise you will make everything you come into contact with blue. I also highly recommend doing this with an old t-shirt on or a towel around your neck, as it can stain clothes. Oh, and one more thing, if it rains, take an umbrella, it runs.
I should also mention something that I didn't notice about the product. At the bottom of the box is a jumbo pencil sharpener, so you can sharpen the product. I didn't see this to start with, and was a bit of an idiot and tried to sharpen it with a knife and made a bit of a mess.
Overall, the product is really good if you want to only have the ends of your hair or stands of your hair coloured for special occasions. I would say that it would be a particularly great product for going to a festival. I personally would like to try something a little more long-lasting so I think I will be giving Bleach London's actual hair dye a go this summer.
I hope you enjoyed this little review and you can purchase the product here for only £4.
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x