Wednesday, 12 August 2015

A Day Out in Great Yarmouth!

Hello Everybody,
If you follow me on Instagram you may be aware that I went on a little beach trip, to Great Yarmouth with 7 of my close friends. The weather was perfect, and although I managed to forget to take my camera, my phone battery held out, and my friends also toke some rather nifty photos to capture the moment. 
I thought it would be a nice idea to show you an insight into my day in case you are planning a trip to Great Yarmouth, or any seaside town for that matter.

The Journey There...

Okay, so the journey to Great Yarmouth was a bit of a bore. It was supposed to take 2 hours, however there was an accident on the road that took us directly there and the police had cordoned off the road. We ended up being on a bit of a rubbish, very hot and sweaty coach for a good 3 hours and 45 minutes. This wasn't ideal for me as I do suffer with travel sickness, and although I was fine I did feel a bit delicate when we finally arrived.

Our first adventure

When we first got to Great Yarmouth we headed straight to the pier and bought some tokens to have a go on the rides, we each bought 15 tokens, which was plenty for the whole day for us really. We went on the big slide, the dodgems and the ghost train, all which were great fun, and actually made me forget I was on a pier because normally piers make me incredibly nervous. Tari was absolutely hilarious on the ghost train, screaming her head off even though, I'll be honest the ghost train really wasn't scary. This is quite likely because the ghost train was probably designed for young children.

The Beach

After our little fun and frolicks on the pier the girls and I headed down onto the beach, after removing our shoes. We walked barefoot down towards the sea, carefully, as to not hurt our feet on the pebbles. The sea wasn't as cold as I had initially thought considering it was the English Channel. But, then again the weather was beautiful on Saturday at Great Yarmouth. We posed for some artistic photos, and ran from the cold swashes the waves were creating.

Lunch

We then headed back up to the promenade, and then headed up the sea front to find ourselves some lunch. None of us really fancied the classic fish and chips because it was just far too hot for this. So, half of us grabbed our obligatory Subway (you can't beat a 6 inch Italian sub with tuna, toasted, with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise) and the other half grabbed a KFC.

Mini golf

After lunch, we headed to the mini golf course, to say I was rubbish would be a little bit of an understatement. However, it was a great way to have a laugh with friends, and it's always fun to have a little bit of friendly competition.

Break on the promenade

When we headed back towards the pier we decided to all stop for a drink and ice-cream break. I decided to have a strawberry milkshake, whereas some of the others went for the seaside classic of an Mr Whippy. We sat at the seafront and just enjoyed people watching for a short while.

The final hour

To use up some of our left over tokens we went back onto the dodgems and the big slide, however decided that we weren't going to have time to use all of our tokens, thus put them together and gave them away. A random act of kindness always makes you feel good, and it was lovely to see how grateful people were for this.
We then went to Joyland and went on a few of the little rollercoasters which is always great fun. When we went to the spinning coaster the man running it told us that we could fit 4 people in, I think he underestimated our size, because we got ourselves a little bit stuck. Of course we went on the classic Snails as well. Oh, and I jammed some money into a minion crane pick up game, but we don't talk about that,

Saying goodbye

It was then time to go home. Quite luckily the journey home took a lot less time and was much more entertaining, but it was a shame such a lovely day had ended.

Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x