Sunday, 14 February 2016

Liz Earle- Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser review

Hello Everybody,
It has been a long time since I have written a review, but as I promised last week I thought I would write a little review on the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. You may (or may not) have seen that this product has been quite hyped on the internet due to a lot of sponsorship's with beauty bloggers and vloggers in recent times, and I will be honest and say, their marketing technique has worked on me.
I first heard of Liz Earle on Eve Bennett's channel and have wanted to give it a go myself for a while now. As I was given a Boots voucher from my Nan at Christmas I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try this product out. I was particularly excited by this as I really like to look after my skin and I feel as though it really helps make me feel more confident in my own skin, without hiding behind makeup and filters as much.

Price

*Double checks the Boots website*. The Starter pack for Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Cleanser is £15.50, and yes this is a little more pricey than Simple for example. However, I believe that with any beauty product you get what you pay for. Recently, I have become a bit more of an advocate for saving up my pennies for nicer quality makeup and skincare products, rather than having my regular splurges on cheap makeup and skincare which tends to fall off of your face; not do it's job fully, or go off quickly.
I'm not sure how long this Cleanser will last me at the moment, however I would say that as long as I don't have to repurchase it monthly I would happily continue using it for it's price. Anyway, decent skincare brands such as Clearasil aren't much cheaper in terms of the amount of product you get for the price.

Packaging

I really like the packaging of this product. The product actually came in this cute waterproof, zip-up bag which is perfect for travelling, especially in case the lid falls off and the product leaks, which always makes me feel a little uneasy when travelling. In the zip-up bag came a 100ml bottle of the cleanser, which is in a sleek aqua blue (Liz Earle's standard packaging colour) tube. The tube has a pump on top, which is much easier for use and using the correct amount of product, and it also has a standard lid. The one downside of this packaging is I cannot see how much product I have used, thus I am yet to determine how long it will be before I have to repurchase the product. Inside the bag, also came 2 muslin cloths; seeing as the product is a Hot Cloth Cleanser, I think this is great because it enables me to put them in the wash and yet still have one to use.

Product

The product itself is quite a creamy consistency designed to put on dry skin *not the skin type, I mean not wet* (cleanse), you then rub off the cleanser with a muslin cloth that is damp with hot water (polish). This makes your skin feel very clean and radiant, but also makes my facial skin feel very tight... which is something I really like, because it makes my skin look smooth, and leaves absolutely no lines in it whatsoever. I have seen a noticeable difference in my skin, as it has been glowing more, and also been much more clearer, plus my pores are now much less visible and clogged up.
I would've shown a before and after picture thingy, however, I forgot to take a before picture and I am currently having a hormonal breakout so that plan quickly went down the drain.

I personally really love this skincare product, and hopefully, if it is a product that doesn't need repurchasing too often I am almost certain I will repurchase it. I may also consider purchasing some of Liz Earle's other skincare products.
Do you recommend any skincare products, or more specifically use Liz Earle products?
Toodles,
EmilyBelleBlogs x