Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Indirect Tweeting

Hello Everybody,

Today I wanted to have a rant. I'm not 100% sure if this rant is going to completely help me come to any conclusion on what I actually think about indirect tweeting or whether it is just going to leave me more mushed together in my own thoughts. In my opinion, indirect tweeting can have it's positives and negatives, even though in general it is given a bit more of a bad stigma than I personally think is necessary. Here are my reasons why...


To begin with, a lot of people indirect tweet to get something off of their chest when they may not be able to talk to someone about their problem because of the circumstances. Sometimes I also feel as though indirect tweeting can be good for the real world to see; it reminds everyone that even people on the internet may not have a perfect life and that these people can have feelings too. Not only that but sometimes it can give a person a place to vent when before things may have just ended even nastier.

On the other hand, indirect tweeting gives off quite a negative energy. It is better to focus on the good things that are happening in your life, as this can give you a positive energy. Tweeting about good things can remind you that sometimes the littlest of troubles can sometimes be completely irrelevant. Also, indirect tweeting may be sassy but it certainly isn't classy. Indirect tweeting sends off negative vibes to the people that follow you, and sometimes it can just make you look like a bit more of a fool than you would have been had you just not worried about silly little things people may have bothered you with.

Overall, I would say that I have made mistakes. Before I used to think that if I was indirect tweeting and the person in question saw the tweet and knew it was about them it would mean that they are obviously in the wrong. But then again, it hasn't made me look like a good gracious person. It hasn't made me look like the positive person I want to be seen as. It certainly hasn't made me sit in any more of a better position than I was in before I made the tweet. So I would say that I have come up with my conclusion, and for that reason, I am going to make my best effort to not indirect tweet people when I am feeling angry for particular reasons. Particularly when most of the time I just delete any angry tweets I have made in the heat of the moment anyway.

What are your thoughts on indirect tweeting?
Emily x