Sunday, 3 July 2016

Sunday Catchup

Hello Everybody,

I know it's fairly late on a Sunday evening, but I feel like this is the time for me where I can best look back on the week with gratitude, about how truly blessed I am to live the life I live. Sometimes, even when you feel like you've had a bad day, to just sit there and think of all of the things that you have done in that single week can make you thankful.

I am the sort of person that gets bored. I am a people person, I hate doing things alone and I most definitely don't like it when people have fun without me. Even though most of the time it's my own fault for not wanting to do something in the first place. So this week I am going to work on enjoying my own company because I think that is highly important, and I will most definitely update you on that in this post next week, and maybe even do a whole post on enjoying your own company at some point, once I have learnt a little more about it myself.

This week, however, I spent a vast majority of my time spent with friends and family, which I for one will certainly not be complaining about.


Monday

My week started off fairly casually, I wrote a blog post ready for the Friday and I tidied up my room a little because it had become a state during exam season. I also did a lot of catching up with sleep, particularly considering I felt so exhausted after months of preparation for A Levels. In the evening I went out to quiz with my friends. Turns out the quiz was not exactly made for 18-year-olds, and we came last. However, my knowledge of knowing what Mexican food also means "Little Donkey" came in handy and I'm not sure I've ever been as excited for a quiz question in my life (if you were wondering the answer to that question is Burrito). As the quiz finished fairly late we then stayed at my friend's house after, and snacked on Haribo whilst gossiping and talking about boys until ungodly early hours the next morning.

Tuesday

After getting our morning fix of Jeremy Kyle, yes I was not lying about this slight obsession with this daytime TV programme, we then slowly started getting ready as to ensure we were able to head back to school to return our economics books which our teacher insisted we returned ASAP. We were kind of hoping for a slight Brexit chat (I promise I won't mention it again) with our economics teacher, however, she was a little tied up so we ended up just having a flying visit before heading back into town for a Subway. We all had our usual and then browsed around Superdrug which ended up in me buying two sets of eyelashes in which I did not need.

Wednesday

On Wednesday I went bikini shopping with mum. I knew I only wanted to buy a cheap bikini because I like to swim and chlorine always wrecks them. Also, on the low income, I am currently on with my part-time job I cannot really justify buying an expensive bikini which I may only be wearing for one week whilst I am away on holiday. I also ended up going to Prezzo with my mum as it was nearby and we knew they did student discount (which by the way is a Godsend!). I had my all-time favourite Italian dish, which is Spaghetti Carbonara, and it was delicious.

Thursday

I spent most of this day preparing for what was going to be a very special evening. This involved a long shower, painting of my finger and toenails, which I don't get to do very often due to where I work. I then fixed my hair all pretty and did my makeup. This was all in preparation for my Sixth Form Leavers Ball, which was a very special evening involving plenty of photos and throwing  some pretty epic shapes on the dancefloor. It was also a very emotional evening having to say goodbye to some people that I have been in education with for most of my life, as well as saying goodbye to some teachers that meant a whole lot to me.

Friday

Friday was a day in which I had been waiting for for months. I was driving myself and some friends to see James Bay perform at Thetford Forest. This was the second time we were seeing James, however, we did not want to miss an opportunity of being at the front, as the previous time we saw him we were so close we could almost touch him (and his special guest Ed Sheeran). I am glad to say that we did make it to the front and in the middle, this time, much to my hesitation. I will speak more of this in a separate post, though.

Weekend

Finally came the weekend. It had been quite an exhausting week, so I will be honest and say I have had a lie in both days this weekend. I did, however, in between having some shifts at work, enjoy a day out in town with my mum and dad to see the town carnival. It is quite a big celebration in my town, and there is a fair, and food and generally the whole town is there to enjoy the atmosphere, so it was quite a lovely day.

Here is to another great week!
Toodles,
Emily x