Friday, 19 August 2016

I'm going to University

Okay, so things are changing, a lot, and all of a sudden.

As many of you will be aware, yesterday was a big day for A-Level students across the country, awaiting their results from years of very hard work, but also for many, they were finding out if they had got into uni. For some, it can be a tough day, and for some, although terrifying, to begin with, it can become a very very special day.



As the title of this post suggests, I am going to University. I remember vividly getting an offer from the University of Leeds, after convincing myself that I would never get one, as a few days earlier I had a decline from one of my favourite Unis. When I got the offer I was shocked, but also nearly talked myself out of accepting because I thought the required grades were out of reach. Let's just say, I am very glad to have accepted the offer from Leeds because quite clearly, I made the grades (under slightly different conditions but that doesn't even matter anymore) and yesterday as I opened UCAS Track with dread filling my body, I could not believe what I saw. I HAD DONE IT! I was going to my dream University.

It's weird to think, me, Emily, a girl from a town surrounded by countryside is moving to a city, quite far from home. It's scary but also very very exciting. I fell in love with Leeds when I went to their applicant day, and I was also very aware that the University was made for me purely by their amazing hockey club because it's true, I'm a little bit obsessed.

Anyway, I think a lot of things are going to change for me really soon, seeing as I'm moving quite a long way, but at least somewhere that has a little more to offer than where I currently live, and the University lifestyle will certainly be changed to what I am currently used to. Currently, I don't know how it will affect my blog, but I will try and continue with how my blog is currently going and you never know, it might actually make the content on this little space a little better.

I guess we'll see.
Toodles,
Emily x